My-Kannada.Com

My-Kannada Home Message Board Home Tree View Login / Register Search Last 1 Year Messages Last 3 Months Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Paheli inspired from Nagamandala

My-Kannada.Com: Karnataka Forum: Movies: Paheli inspired from Nagamandala
By gnagmaster on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:11 am: Edit Post

This is what our media, specially print media, doesn't notice. when a kannada film is made they break their head, always, to find from which non-kannada movie the theme has been taken. but, when such thing,i.e., copying theme from other language movies are taken by,say for example, hindi,tamil, telgu,etc., no one notices in such a way as they do for kannada's. many hit movies in hindi, now a days, are like xerox of english, spanish, french, or others'. like black was remake of the miracle maker, but our idiot, except few that too after along time, media never quoted it. why? if a r rehman steals musics composed by foreign musicians it goes unnoticed but if a kannada musician in film industry does that it will be like some big sin and lack of creativity. at least kannada industry is good than the others because they have the commonsence of telling that they are going to shoot a remake film, but there are only very few exceptional cases. but what about so called celebrety movi makers of other languages. they never tell this because they do not have guts. they want to hide their sins. regarding paheli, i do not know why the whole media is keeping mum and, of course, our industry people too. at least they could have made a note of it in any press meeting. not only this movie many are made like this which have gone unnoticed, i suppose.....

By keshava on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:12 am: Edit Post

i also thinks so.one more issue see no award from IIFA to kannada, see what happened to award committe. shame for us

By SANTHOSH KUMAR on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:14 am: Edit Post

when kannada film industry can do plenty of remakes why others should not. actually it is not a remake its just the basic story. Kannada which made APTHAMITHRA which WAS huge hit of 2004-2005 is a remake of a national award winning malayalam movie "MANICHITHRATHAZU"in which shobana got a bestACTRESS Award in 1995. if you compare both movies malayalam is the best because of its originatily .and if you compare with the artists soundarya had completely copied shobana and compare with the actors mohanlal performance was superb and lively SOME OF THE COPIED OR REMADE MOVIES APTHAMITRA-MANICHITRATHAZU(MALAYALAM). RAMA SHAMA BHAMA -SATHI LEELAVATHI (TAMIL). PAANDU RANGA VITTALA-MICHEAL MADANA KAMARAJAN (TAMIL).SAKASAKI-THIRUDATHIRUDI(TAMIL).VISHNU SENA-RAMANA(TAMIL)MY AUTO GRAPH-AUTO GRAPH(TAMIL). GOWRAMMA-VIJAY&SNEHA MOVIE(TAMIL). THANDHEGE THAKKA MAGA- THEVAR MAGAN(TAMIL). THESE ARE SOME OF LIST I KNOW. OTHER SOUTH INDIAN LANGUAGE ALSO MAKES REMAKES. BUT KANNADA FILMS IN A YEAR IF MAKES 100 MOVIES 80 OF THEM ARE REMAKES. I PERSONALLY STOPPED WATCHING KANNADA F ILMS BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE ALREADY WATCHED THOSE FILMS IN OTHER LANGUAGES. WHY TO WASTE MONEY. RECENTY I WENT TO SEE JOGI I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS MOVIE HAD BECOME A BIG HIT. THE STORY IS VERY BAD. ONLY THE MUSIC WAS 50% OK. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY KANNADA FILM INDUSTRY CANNOT MAKE THEIR OWN STORIES. IN THE PAST WE HAD GOOD FILMS OF OUR OWN STORIES.

By Purushotham on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:15 am: Edit Post

Not only paheli.....
even SWADES Is remake of kannada movie Chigurida kanasu......
it is truly wrong that only kannada is remaking.
why see telugu,tamil and hindi movies all do they remakes(but mix of 3...n movies)...
i will give the list
NuvvuVasthanthe nenuvaddathana(mix of 3 movies maine pyar kiya,pyar kiya to darna kya,HDCS,hindi)
Varsham(Tejab,hindi)
Vedi(dhool,tamil)
idiot(appu,kannada)
Nuvve Kavali(Malayalam Remake)
Gharshana(Gemini,Tamil)
so many.....no count.....

In tamil,
Gilli(Okkadu,telugu)
malai(Varsham,telugu)
something something(NuvvuVasthanthe nenuvaddathana,telugu)
Jayam(jayam,telugu)
All vijay's and ravi movies are remake...)

so every industry is depending on other for stories....
so no movie industry is 100% true.......

By vipin on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:16 am: Edit Post

sorry gharshana is not remake of gemini but of kaaka kaaka

By santhosh on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:17 am: Edit Post

we cant be sure of this. it is merely a speculation and nothing more than that. the only similarity between the two films is that a non-human entity transforming into a human form for the sake of love. other than this there is absolutely no similarity whatsoever. paheli is an excerpt from a novel named as 'duvida' and not any inspiration from any kannada movie. it is barely a coincidence that both have one common similarity. we cant directly claim a theme to be an inspiration from some other film just like that. pls give space for imaginations to work. any person can think of such a theme and it is not something unique.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, March 06, 2012 - 04:47 am: Edit Post

Yes Santosh,

I agree with your thoughts the same goes with Paan Singh Tomar(co-incidence that it seems similiar to "Sipayi Ramu"), And look at some more co-incidence as well

Haseena Maan Jayegi - "Preethi madu tamashe nodu"
Gharana Mogudu - "Anuraaga aralithu"
Some Govinda movie - "Kittu Puttu"
Paheli - "Naga Mandala"
Swades - "Chaitrada Chiguru"

Somehow Bollywood story writers dream/imagine something which their Kannada counter Parts would have done 10-20 years back :-)

By Kiran on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 02:31 am: Edit Post

Was to watch the movie 'Paheli' today, but after reading the part of the plot, i think it is same as Nagamandala. So, the bottomline is 'Art Movies of Kannada' are still good.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | Take Us | e-mail Us | Site Map
© My-Kannada.Com