My-Kannada.Com

My-Kannada Home Message Board Home Tree View Login / Register Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Please give advice to American Mother

My-Kannada.Com: Karnataka Forum: Travel and Tourism: Please give advice to American Mother
By Hilary on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 05:04 am: Edit Post

My daughter who is half Tamil who was born in the United States if visiting India for the first time and will be going to Bangelore and Madras. She is under the impression that all India is like New York City where young 20 year old girls go places by themselves. I tell her she should never go anyplace by herself, but with someone, that in India, it is not proper for a female to go somewhere unattended. Is that still true and could someone email me to forward to her?
She is planning on slipping away from her father while he is lecturing to see the sites. I am so worried. I am not going with them.
Please help me educate her on the customs in Bangelore and Madras.
Thank you so much.

By Sandy Deva on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 05:06 am: Edit Post

Hi,

I am a resident of Bangalore and my suggestion to you would be that this city is like anyother city in the States, Your Daughter can go around the city without any problem in the day time but would advice her to get back by evening if she is visiting the city for the first time.

By Nirmala on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 07:31 am: Edit Post

Hi,
Iam a citizen of Bangalore, and an activist. Iam a mother of one daughter. I can understand your feelings. Don't worry she can manage.
Like U.S, it is dangerous to roam alone in all the countries. Before entering India. Ask her to survey the area and the place where is going to stay. Ask her to have contact no. if she knows anyone. Don't believe everyone and everything. If she needs any help U can give my e-mail address. In case, if she needs.
Now a days, Children's are more stronger than us.
Don't worry. Take Care.
Good Luck for her Tour.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com